Most freelance writers share the same major goal — to make more money.
The reality is many freelancers are seriously struggling to make a go of running their own business. They have a hard time finding quality clients, and as a result, they end up turning to content mills (like Textbroker and Writer Access), gig sites (think Fiverr), or even low quality job boards (Craigslist and the like).
Industry veteran Carol Tice, founder of the Freelance Writers Den, has seen it all a million times. For years, she’s been coaching freelancers on how to build a thriving business where they can make real money and avoid the stress of wondering if they’ll be able to pay this month’s bills.
Along with another seasoned freelancing vet, Linda Formichelli, Tice created Escape the Content Mills, a 4-week bootcamp where writers can learn “the step-by-step blueprint to help you start earning what you’re worth.”
Since 2008, Carol Tice has been teaching freelancers how to grow their business on her popular MakeALivingWriting blog, and in 2011, she founded the Freelance Writers Den, a membership community with hundreds of hours of courses and training materials for freelancers looking to take their careers to the next level.
Now, Tice is presenting Escape the Content Mills one final time, this time alongside Sarah Greesonbach, another longtime pro who has also worked with many freelancers to help grow their careers.
Escape the Content Mills Course Details
During this 4-week online course, Carol and Sarah will teach students how to leave behind low-paying content mills and gig sites and find quality, lucrative clients that pay respectable rates.
Each week of the monthlong bootcamp includes the following:
- Multiple self-paced, self-study lessons broken up into quick, easily-digestable sections for convenience
- Live video Q&As on Zoom with Carol and/or Sarah where students will have the chance to ask questions and get hands-on mentoring from pros (full transcripts available as well)
- Homework assignments where freelancers can apply the lessons and then get feedback from longtime writing pros
- Access to an exclusive bootcamp forum where students can ask questions, bounce ideas off one another, and take their learnings a step further
The course curriculum is as follows:
- Week 1: Finding Your Niche–Helps freelancers find their most lucrative niche with a “fail-proof step-by-step guide and fillable PDF worksheet”
- Week 2: Markets That Pay–Reveals the best freelance markets that are looking for writers and pay great rates
- Week 3: Marketing That Works–Teaches simple, highly effective marketing strategies writers can use to attract new clients
- Week 4: The Business of Freelance–Dives into all of the fine details of forming and growing a freelance business, including contract samples, writer website tips, and more
Over $450 in Bonuses Included for All Students
Students who enroll in Escape the Content Mills don’t just get access to what promises to be a career-changing course, they also get a ton of bonuses to further their training and improve their odds of success.
There are over $450 in bonuses that will be included for every student, including:
- One month free in the Freelance Writers Den–Everyone who enrolls in class gets their first month free in the Freelance Writers Den community. That includes access to dozens of other bootcamps, 300+ hours of video & audio trainings for writers, a members-only job board, a members-only podcast, and a 24/7 community where writers can get additional support from fellow freelancers and take advantage of networking opportunities.
- Bonus course: 4-Week Journalism School–Registration now includes access to a whole other course as well. 4-Week Journalism School is a monthlong, self-study class that shows freelancers everything they need to know about finding story ideas, pitching editors, and delivering quality work that meets top journalistic standards.
- Tons of extra training materials–Every student gets a ton of additional training resources, including including 4 podcasts, 7 bonus PDF workbooks, 2 ebooks, and more.
According to the Den team, this is their “biggest bonus ever” and a deal that won’t come around again.
How Much Is It?
So, how much does it cost to take Escape the Content Mills?
Here’s what the instructors have to say, “Get the full 4-week Escape the Content Mills Bootcamp, plus the massively popular 4-Week Journalism School, plus numerous bonus course materials, plus your first month FREE in the Freelance Writers Den — well over $750 total in value — for only $297. That’s more than 60% off the full price!”
While $297 is a significant investment, especially if you’re a struggling writer getting paid low rates, the value here is truly exceptional. Even if you disregard the hundreds of dollars of bonuses included, the content in the Escape the Content Mills bootcamp can teach you how to double, triple, quadruple, or more your income.
In other words, it’s a small investment that should more than pay off if you implement what you’re taught into your freelance business.
Registration Closes Very Soon
Interested in learning more about Escape the Content Mills?
You need to act fast. Registration ends Wednesday, May 5th at 11:59 pm ET. After that, you won’t be able to sign up.
Click here to learn more and to sign up before it’s too late.